There are a few things we wish we could control; how straight or thick or curl our hair is, how to disperse the "fat" on our bodies to where WE feel proportionate, and even the aging process of our skin. The reality is, some things are just going to happen whether we like it or not.
But there are some step you can take to slow down some things, like the aging process for example. You wouldn't believe the amount of everyday items can be used for our skin. Even the ones we like to eat!
What's The Hype?
Pineapple is one of the most popular fruits out there, and with good reason. Not only is it delicious, but it also has some surprising skin care benefits. Here's a look at why pineapple should be a part of your skin care routine.
The main reason pineapple is so beneficial for your skin is because it contains an enzyme called bromelain. Bromelain has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce redness and puffiness associated with skin conditions such as acne and eczema. In addition, bromelain can help to exfoliate your skin by breaking down proteins, which helps to keep it looking healthier and more vibrant.
Pineapple is also rich in vitamin C, which can help to boost collagen production in your skin. Collagen is a protein that helps to keep your skin firm and smooth, and it's essential for maintaining a youthful complexion. Vitamin C can also help to protect your skin from environmental damage and free radicals.
Finally, pineapple is high in antioxidants, which can help to protect your skin from damage caused by UV radiation. Antioxidants can also help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, giving you a more youthful look.
What it Does on the Inside
I've talked about how pineapples help on the surface, so what exactly do they do for you on the inside?
1. Boosts immunity: Pineapples are packed with vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient for a strong immune system. Eating pineapple can help your body fight off infections and illnesses.
2. Improves digestion: The aforementioned enzyme called bromelain, helps break down proteins and makes it easier for your body to digest food. Bromelain also helps to reduce inflammation in the digestive tract, which can help prevent digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome.
3. Protects against cancer: Pineapples contain compounds called flavonoids, which have been found to have anticancer properties. These compounds can help protect against different types of cancer, including breast, lung, and colon cancer.
4. Improves bone health: Pineapples are a great source of manganese, which is an important mineral for strong bones. Eating pineapple can help your body absorb more calcium and improve your overall bone health.
5. Promotes healthy skin: Pineapples are rich in vitamin A, which is essential for healthy skin. Vitamin A helps keep your skin cells strong and prevents wrinkles and other signs of aging. So not only can it be applied topically and help your skin, when consumed it helps your skin even more!
So if you're looking for a natural way to keep your skin looking healthy and radiant, pineapple is definitely a fruit worth adding to your skin care routine. Eating pineapple regularly can help to keep your skin looking its best, and using it in face masks can give you an extra boost of nutrients and hydration.
My DIY Pineapple Face Mask
This two ingredient face mask will be a sure way to getting you brighter skin! Of course I touched on the benefits of pineapple above so we don't need to go over that. But, the second ingredient, milk, has other amazing benefits for the skin.
Milk is a natural humectant that attracts moisture and can actually lock it into the skin. When mixed with pineapple, it makes a hydrating and nourishing face mask that you should consider if your skin cracks in dry heat.
To prepare this mask, take half a pineapple and mash it. Add 2-3 tbsps of milk to it. Mix it until paste-form and apply it over your face and neck. Let it sit for half an hour or so, then wash it off with cold water. Store in an airtight container in the fridge! One pineapple makes about 2 face masks. Do this twice a week for best results.